United Kingdom INDEX
Have a look at this index for articles about the United Kingdom, or click on the tabs in the menu bar.
- Divided by a Common Language – Do you think Americans and Brits speak the same language? You might be surprised.
- More Mixed-up English – The English language causing more confusion.
- British Cuisine – Interesting food terminology. From spotted dick to bubble and squeak.
- British Christmas Pudding and Pie – Christmas pudding and mince pies are an important part of a British Christmas.
- Twinings Tiny Tea Shop in London – A bit of tea history.
- A Proper Cup of Tea – And how to make it.
- Queen Victoria in Nice France – This stern looking monarch let her hair down on holiday in France.
- British Cannon Fire over the City of Nice – We have a British army officer to thank for the noon day cannon that reminds everyone that it is time for lunch.
- The English Promenade in Nice France – A great way to help the British and the Niçois.
- “G” for Guy: Guy Fawkes and his Vendetta – A British revolutionary, executed in 1605, comes back to haunt us.
- God Save the Royal Derriere – Discover the origins of the British National Anthem.
- Berets, Onions, and Stereotypes – Ever wonder where the French stereotype came from? The UK, of course!
- The London Beer Flood – Too much of a good thing.
- Suspects in London Fire: Baker, Pope, & Gluttony – Who started the Great Fire of London in 1666?
- Big Ben Silent Minute – Did Big Ben help win the war?
- British Christmas Panto – These plays are filled with slapstick humor, cross-dressing actors, jokes about current events, and audience participation.
- Lions, Tigers & Bears in the Tower of London – Why?
- Green Children – Aliens, Folklore, or Flemish?
- How do you deal with the Cold? – Have you seen the barelegged British postman trudging through the snow? How do they do it?
- Oh Baby it’s Cold Outside – Should we put children out in the cold for their health?