Have a look at the index below for articles about Italy, or click on the tabs in the menu bar.
I spent three months (Sept – Nov 2012) in Italy studying the Italian language. These are some of my experiences and reflections.
- Communication Challenges – Beginning Italian students trying to communicate.
- A Boost of Confidence – After only two weeks of Italian lessons, I have to deal with Italian administration.
- Does Wine Loosen the Tongue? – A language learning experiment gone bad.
- Do you speak Italian? – Speaking Fritalian – getting my French and Italian all mixed up.
- Speed Dating with Grammar – A new grammar concept every day.
- Happy Thanksgiving – My Italian course is finished.
- Home for the Holidays – Now it is time to find out if I can still speak French.
- Angelic Discussion: If this ceiling could talk – Wondering what the frescoed angel in my apartment has seen over the years.
- Carnival Time in Venice, Italy – Elegant masks and beautiful costumes.
- La Befana: Italy’s Good, January Witch – She is older than Santa Claus.
- Always something happening in Florence – A wine harvest ceremony and a levitating man.
- Palazzo Vecchio, Sailing Tortoises, and a UFO – You might be surprised to know that inside the medieval Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall (and museum) of Florence that there are 100 sailing tortoises and a UFO.
- Dante’s Neighbour, but for 715 Years – Living in Dante’s neighbourhood in Florence.
- Unusual Punishment in the New Market – Be sure to pay your bills in Italy!
- The Bronze Pig of Florence – Can you keep a secret?
- Legally Fashionable – How medieval Florentine ladies outsmarted the fashion police.
- Rock of Inspiration – Dante’s stone inspired early 19th century English poets.