I started my blog when I was preparing to go to Italy in September 2012 to spend three months learning the Italian language. The below articles are some of my thoughts and experiences during that time as well as some sources to help you in your quest to learn French or Italian.
Posts About My Experiences
- French Class – Getting ready to go to Italy to start studying Italian, I remember a poem I wrote about an early French class.
- Trying to blend in – Reflection about starting a university course in France with young university students.
- Communication Challenges – Beginning Italian students trying to communicate.
- A Boost of Confidence – After only two weeks of Italian lessons, I have to deal with Italian administration.
- Does Wine Loosen the Tongue? – A language learning experiment gone bad.
- Do you speak Italian? – Speaking Fritalian – getting my French and Italian all mixed up.
- Speed Dating with Grammar – A new grammar concept every day.
- Happy Thanksgiving – My Italian course is finished.
- Home for the Holidays – Now it is time to find out if I can still speak French.
- Learning Spanish – French, Italian…is Spanish next?
Learn French Sources
- Comme Une Française – Geraldine sends out charming short videos with tips about how to speak French like a French person. (That’s what we all want, right?)
- eFrench Cafe – Ida is a delightful French teacher living in Nice. She has local Meetup sessions as well as giving Skype lessons.
- French Today – Audio courses and materials plus Skype lessons.
- Lawless French – Get down to the nitty-gritty of French grammar.
- Apprendre Français via Skype – French lessons on Skype.
Learn Italian Sources
- Italian with Roberta – My Italian teacher – she’s very good and patient. She never makes me feel bad – even when I don’t do my homework…