Have a look at this index for a few posts that don’t fit anywhere else, or click on the tabs in the menu bar.
- Little Green and Red Men of Berlin – Berlin’s culturally significant traffic lights
- Oops! Gunter Accidentally brings down the Berlin Wall – Find out how the Berlin Wall was opened to the West…by accident
- Basel, Switzerland: Water Monsters and Cheeky Kings – Read about the monster that adorns many water fountains in Basel and the king who is constantly making faces across the river.
- Of Turkeys and US Presidents – What is the relationship between turkeys and presidents?
- Madame Liberté – Lady Liberty’s French past.
- Jack-o’-lanterns – Why are carved pumpkins with candles inside called jack-o’-lanterns?
- Marie Antoinette’s Cats and an American Rescue Attempt – Did the Queen of France almost escape to the US? Did her cats?
- First Thanksgivings, Huguenots, and Alligators – Where did the first Thanksgiving take place and what did they eat?
- The Pennsylvania French – You may have heard of the Pennsylvania Dutch, but what about the Pennsylvania French?
- Happy Crappy Christmas – Some bizarre traditions from Barcelona.
- Gaudi Architecture in Barcelona – Was Gaudi a genius or a madman?