Who is Margo?
I’m American by birth, but I lived in Nice, France for many years, and now I’m based in London, England. The life of an expat is never dull and every day is a new learning experience.
I have a BA in Liberal Studies with International Emphases and I’m always taking some kind of course or researching a moment in history that has caught my fancy. I’m curious by nature and always want to know who, what, why, when, where, and how…
I share my adventures (and my questions) with Jeff, my husband of many years. I enjoy travel, history, observing cultures and traditions – and then writing about them, of course.
What Do I Write?
In September 2012 I started my blog, The Curious Ramber (curiousrambler.com). I was just heading off to Florence, Italy to take an Italian course for three months and thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with family and friends. I started blogging about my experience in my course and, since I had always had a keen interest in history, I also started writing about that historic city.
After my return, I realised that I really enjoyed writing about history and culture, so I started searching for interesting stories in Nice, France, my adopted hometown. Later, I branched out to all of France, and other places that I visited. I believe history is fascinating, often funny, and should never be dull.
After a few years of blogging, I started to edit and put some of my stories into collections for publishing. My first book was French Holidays and Traditions and then came Curious Histories of Nice, France, then Curious Histories of Provence: Tales from the South of France. My latest book is Berets, Baguettes, and Beyond. Click here to visit my Books page.
Where Else to Find Me?
Besides writing my blog, The Curious Rambler, I also contribute to:
- The Good Life France, a magazine about France and all things French.
- The Riviera Reporter, an English languge news magazine on the French Riviera.
- The Florentine, an English language news magazine in Florence, Italy. (Author page)
Where to Find My Books?
My books can be found on Amazon and other online sellers:
They are also available in the following bookstores in Nice:
- Papeterie Rontani, 5 rue Alexandre Mari – This stationary shop in the Old Town is where Queen Victoria used to by her writing supplies.
- Librairie Masséna, 55 rue Gioffredo – off Place Massena
- Librairie de la Presse, 105 rue de France – This shop specializes in used English books, and the staff is especially friendly.
- Perfectly Provence
- Interview in The Good Life France
- Interview in Multicoolty
- Interview in Riviera Buzz
- Favorite Places in Ad Forum
- Blog Expat – Coronavirus
Follow Me – If you would like to keep up with my articles, you can receive an email every time I post (every other week or so). Just enter your email below and click the Follow the Curious Rambler button.
You can also find me on: