I’m happy to announce that my new book, Berets, Baguettes, and Beyond: Curious Histories of France is out now. Just in time for the holidays! If there’s someone on your gift list who loves France, maybe this book would fill the bill.
First, I’d like to say “Thank you” to those who have helped me along the way.
– To my husband, Jeff, who is always understanding – and a good proofreader
– To the ladies of my writing group for their thoughtful suggestions and encouragement
– To Nancy Campbell, my editor
– And to you, my faithful readers, who regularly read my blog. It’s heartening to get your comments or just to see that people are reading. I would be very lonely if no one ever visited my site.
So here’s a big THANK YOU to everyone!
Berets, Baguettes, and Beyond is a collection of stories from my blog which all relate, in one way or another, to things that are symbolic of France. You’ll find out where the beret-wearing French stereotype came from, why you should never place bread upside-down on the table, who was the highest paid performer at the Moulin Rouge (and what his unique talent was)… and so much more.
You can find my new book (and my other books) on Amazon and other online bookstores. If you have read and enjoyed any of my books, a review would really be appreciated. You can leave one on Amazon or Goodreads. Thanks in advance. And if you know anyone who might be interested in this book, please feel free to forward this post.
Life has been pretty hectic while trying to finish up this book. At the end of a project like this, there is so much to do: countless rounds of proofreading and editing. Then, because I’m an independent author (self-publishing), there is all the layout and cover design to be dealt with as well. And it didn’t help that we have been remodeling (and are now moving into) a new apartment at the same time.
So, with all that behind me now (at least for the book – we still have to unpack boxes) I’m ready to take some time off and enjoy the holidays. I’m determined not to start any other major projects… at least until January.
I hope all of you are entering into the holiday season happy and in good health. Take time to snuggle up beside the fire with those you love and a nice cup of hot chocolate or mulled wine. I’ll be sending good thoughts and wishes out to every one of you.
All the best,
– Don’t Miss Anything– If you would like to receive an email every time I post an article (2-3 times per month), sign up to follow The Curious Rambler. You’ll find the button just above my photo. And, of course, you can always leave a comment below. Thank you for reading.
Latest posts by Margo Lestz (see all)
- Ben Franklin and Daylight Saving Time - 10 March 2019
- How Cleopatra’s Needle Came to London - 27 February 2019
- Rennes-le-Château: A Tiny Town, a Problematic Priest, and a Massive Mystery - 7 February 2019