Hello Everyone, I’m happy to announce that my latest book, Curious Histories of Provence: Tales from the South of France is now published.
I’d like to say “Thank you” to those who have helped me along the way.
– To my husband, Jeff, who is always understanding – and a good proofreader.
– To the ladies of my writing group for their thoughtful suggestions and encouragement.
– And to you, my faithful readers, who regularly read my blog. It’s heartening to get your comments or just to see that people are reading. I would be very lonely if no one ever visited my site, so a big THANK YOU to everyone!
Curious Histories of Provence: Tales from the South of France
Ahh, Provence… that magical place in the south of France. It fills our minds with images of lazy, sunny days sitting in the central square of a quaint village, just drinking in the ambience.
While that’s all very pleasant, you can add an extra layer of enjoyment to your Provençal experience by discovering the stories and histories that shaped this area and its people.
Here are just a few of the tales that you’ll discover in this book:
- Why do those noisy cicadas sing so loudly?
- How did Martha deal with the dreadful local dragon?
- What did Nostradamus predict in Provence?
- In the Provençal Christmas story, why is Bethlehem in France?
- How did Buffalo Bill have a lasting effect on the region?
And much more…
I hope you’ll enjoy perusing these intriguing tales as much as I’ve enjoyed finding them and writing about them.
Available in paperback and e-book from:
Latest posts by Margo Lestz (see all)
- Pinocchio and Dante Museum in Florence: A Poet and a Puppet - 9 November 2019
- A Brief History of Halloween - 27 October 2019
- Why Carved Pumpkins are Called Jack-o’-Lanterns: An Irish Legend - 19 October 2019