Hello Everyone, I’m happy to announce that my latest book, Curious Histories of Provence: Tales from the South of France is now published.
I’d like to say “Thank you” to those who have helped me along the way.
– To my husband, Jeff, who is always understanding – and a good proofreader.
– To the ladies of my writing group for their thoughtful suggestions and encouragement.
– And to you, my faithful readers, who regularly read my blog. It’s heartening to get your comments or just to see that people are reading. I would be very lonely if no one ever visited my site, so a big THANK YOU to everyone!
Ahh, Provence… that magical place in the south of France. It fills our minds with images of lazy, sunny days sitting in the central square of a quaint village, just drinking in the ambience.
While that’s all very pleasant, you can add an extra layer of enjoyment to your Provençal experience by discovering the stories and histories that shaped this area and its people.
Here are just a few of the tales that you’ll discover in this book:
- Why do those noisy cicadas sing so loudly?
- How did Martha deal with the dreadful local dragon?
- What did Nostradamus predict in Provence?
- In the Provençal Christmas story, why is Bethlehem in France?
- How did Buffalo Bill have a lasting effect on the region?
And much more…
I hope you’ll enjoy perusing these intriguing tales as much as I’ve enjoyed finding them and writing about them.
Available in paperback and e-book From:
And if you are in Nice, France on June 3, please come out to our “Meet the Authors” event where I’ll be presenting (and signing) my new book. You can meet several local authors, learn about their books, and find ideas for your summer reading list.
Julia Allen, Lisa Anselmo, Kristin Espinasse, Margo Lestz, Patrick J Murphy, and Patricia Sands. The event will be moderated by Adrian Leeds. Click here to see more about the authors.
Hope to see you there!
*Other Books – To see my other books, click here.
*Don’t Miss Anything – If you would like to receive an email every time I post an article (2-3 times per month), sign up to follow my blog. You’ll find the button just above my photo. And, of course, you can always leave a comment below. Thank you for reading.
Latest posts by Margo Lestz (see all)
- Van Gogh in Les Baux de Provence: What Would Vincent Say? - 19 July 2019
- Wake Up and Smell the Lavender - 12 July 2019
- Tarasque Festival in Tarascon: There Be Dragons There - 30 June 2019