Let your Conscience be your Guide
I enter the shop and my breath is taken away
By the beautiful Italian ceramics
In a variety of colours and designs.
– Yes, so many exquisite things that you don’t need.
I love the canisters, they would be stunning
In my kitchen! Flour, Sugar, Salt…
– Have you ever made anything that required flour?
Honey goes in your herbal tea,
And one shaker of salt lasts you forever.
But the platters and bowls are absolutely gorgeous!
– Better suited for 10 than 2.
I start to leave when something catches my eye,
A “Biscotti” jar
(That’s cookies in American – biscuits in British)
Now there is something that I definitely could use…
I wait for my conscience to object,
But it is silenced by the thought of cookies
Which will be ever at the ready in this lovely biscotti jar.
*Don’t Miss Anything– To receive an email when I post an article (every other week or so) enter your email below and click the Follow the Curious Rambler button.
Latest posts by Margo Lestz (see all)
- Pinocchio and Dante Museum in Florence: A Poet and a Puppet - 9 November 2019
- A Brief History of Halloween - 27 October 2019
- Why Carved Pumpkins are Called Jack-o’-Lanterns: An Irish Legend - 19 October 2019