Let your Conscience be your Guide
I enter the shop and my breath is taken away
By the beautiful Italian ceramics
In a variety of colours and designs.
– Yes, so many exquisite things that you don’t need.
I love the canisters, they would be stunning
In my kitchen! Flour, Sugar, Salt
– Have you ever made anything that required flour?
Honey goes in your herbal tea,
And one shaker of salt lasts you forever.
But the platters and bowls are absolutely gorgeous!
– Better suited for 10 than 2.
I start to leave when something catches my eye,
A “Biscotti” jar
(Cookies in American – biscuits in British)
Now there is something that I definitely could use…
I wait for my conscience to object,
But it is silenced by the thought of cookies
Ever at the ready in this lovely biscotti jar.
Latest posts by Margo Lestz (see all)
- Van Gogh in Les Baux de Provence: What Would Vincent Say? - 19 July 2019
- Wake Up and Smell the Lavender - 12 July 2019
- Tarasque Festival in Tarascon: There Be Dragons There - 30 June 2019